making a complaint

Making a Complaint

How to make a complaint

We take our responsibilities to our clients seriously and are committed to providing trusted advice and the highest standards of service possible. We aim to ensure that all aspects of your insurance are dealt with promptly, efficiently and fairly.


For complaints regarding policies sold with advice:

If you have any questions or concerns about the advice provided or the sale of your policy, in the first instance please contact:

Complaints Officer

Barnes Commercial Limited

3 Fenice Court

Phoenix Park

Eaton Socon

St. Neots


PE19 8EW

Telephone: 01480 272727


We will review and investigate your complaint. Should it need to be referred to your insurer, we will do this immediately, and let you know. Following a full investigation into your complaint, you will be provided with a written final response.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may be eligible to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is a free and easy to use service that settles complaints between consumers and businesses that provide financial services. They can help individuals, micro-enterprises and small businesses with complaints about most financial products. To find out if you are eligible, contact them directly to clarify your position.

You can find more information on the Financial Ombudsman Service at


Their contact details are as follows:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

Exchange Tower


E14 9SR


0800 0234567 (calls to this number are free from “fixed lines” in the UK)

Or 0300 1239123 (calls to this number are charged at the same rate as if calling a number starting with 01 and 02 from a standard landline or mobile)


For micro-enterprises and small businesses:

0800 0328000 (calls to this number are free from “fixed lines” in the UK)


(Outside UK): 020 7964 0500


Complaints about policies sold online or by email (Barnes Quote & Buy)

Should you wish to complain about a policy sold online or by email without advice, you can register the complaint using the Online Dispute Resolution platform (ODR) here.

If you purchased your policy online without advice, you can also make a complaint via the EU’s online dispute resolution (ODR) platform, which you can access here.