Boarding kennels and catteries insurance
As a kennel or cattery business owner, you are providing a vital home from home for many loving pet owners, when they go on holiday or are unable to look after their animals for a while. Pet owners will go to great lengths to ensure that the facility they choose to look after their pet, offers a reliable and trusted service – after all you will be looking after a member of their family.
With such responsibility, comes considerable potential risk. Making sure that you have the right insurance in place to protect yourself and your employees should the unexpected happen, will bring peace of mind to both you and your customers.
Perhaps an animal in your care is injured or escapes, or an employee or member of the public is injured on-site. Having the right kennel or cattery insurance cover in place to protect you against such scenarios will ensure your business can continue to operate and any claim can be dealt with effectively and fairly.
Our experienced advisers are on hand to talk through your requirements and find a policy from our array of A rated insurers that offers robust protection against potential risks faced by you and your business. We work closely with you to gain a better understanding of how your business operates, so the insurance programme we present will be appropriate to your needs.
Barnes is your trusted partner of choice
Who is it for:
Whether you run an individual or multi-site business, we can help all businesses which conform to The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 to find suitable insurance.
- General pet boarding
- Individual and multi-site businesses
- Boarding kennel and cattery businesses which confirm to The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018
A very happy experience
“From day one Joshua was putting the interest of the business first and came back to us with an amazing price. He was very confident and I feel I can trust him with any queries that I have.”
Karen Radcliffe – owner of Barking Mews
Need a quick quote?
Use our Quote & Buy facility if you know what insurance you’re after.
We can provide fast, effective insurance for:
- Company Directors’ and Officers’
Why Choose us?
- Exceptional service – we understand the insurance needs of kennel and cattery businesses and can offer valuable advice and guidance
- Reassurance – as an independent broker we have complete impartiality making our recommendations a trusted choice
- Freedom from worry – we help you to manage your risk so you can focus on looking after the animals entrusted to your care
- A personal approach – your dedicated account executive is available when you need advice
- Tailored insurance programmes – you get the right cover for your needs
- More than just insurance – we offer additional guidance on business risk management including H&S and HR
- We partner with A rated insurers – delivering comprehensive insurance products you can have complete confidence in
- Here to help with claims support – we are on hand to answer your questions and offer guidance for a fast and fair outcome
- Flexibility – we may be able to arrange competitive finance to spread the cost on a monthly basis through our partnership with Close Brothers Premium Finance
Risk Management Services
In addition to insurance cover, we can also assist with risk management advice to help protect you in the workplace. We can provide you with access to a host of free information and training courses for areas such as HR and H&S. For tailored risk management advice our knowledgeable team is always on hand to offer complete guidance and support.