Insurance for care homes, nursing homes and domiciliary care facilities
As a proprietor of a care home, nursing home or domiciliary care facility, we know that the wellbeing and care of your residents or patients will be at the heart of everything you do. Your business will be built on reputation and the exceptional care that you deliver. Due to the inherent nature of providing a care service, your exposure to risk is likely to be relatively high and it’s important that you are able to continue to operate effectively, and without disruption if something should go wrong.
With so many legal compliances to adhere to and the myriad of professional care services and staff that you engage on a daily basis, it can be a challenge to know exactly what cover you need. You goal is to protect yourself, and your staff, and to provide reassurance for your residents should the unexpected happen.
This is where we can help. Our expert team of advisers can talk through the potential risks that you face as a business and offer advice and guidance based on their in-depth knowledge of your industry. Whether your business operates from a single site, or covers multi-premises, or perhaps you offer multipurpose social care facilities, we can find the right cover for the care services that you provide.
Together we can build an insurance policy that meets with your requirements, providing freedom from worry so you can focus on caring for your residents or patients.
As an independent insurance broker our advice is completely impartial, we will only suggest what we truly believe to be the right cover for you, and because we only partner with A rated insurers you can enjoy complete confidence in the insurance products selected.
We also offer support for individual healthcare professionals.
“After being badly let down at the last minute by a large agent I found an advert for Barnes and asked if they could help as I only had a few days before my insurance ran out. Matthew took the time to help me find the right cover for our care home. His advice allowed me to consider risk exposure that I hadn’t previously considered – I am very grateful he brought these potential issues to our attention. I’m completely reassured that we have adequate protection in place now.”
Director – Kendal Homes Ltd
Who is it for
We work with those in domiciliary care, mental health support, care homes, nursing homes, retirement homes, care and day centres, charities, dementia care and hospices.
- Domiciliary care
- Care & Nursing homes
- Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Centres
- Care and day centres
- Children’s Homes
Available Cover for Care facilities
Cover for Staff
We deliver comprehensive insurance products from A rated insurers
Essential cover for care providers
Take a look at our affordable Business Essentials cover created specifically for care facility providers and nursing homes with a turnover of less than £5M.
A robust and comprehensive package of insurance products that tick all the boxes. There are five covers available:
- £1M Directors’ and Officers’ cover with optional Employment Practice Liability and Corporate Liability of £100,000.
- Legal expenses cover of £250,000
- Business Emergency Cover of £500 for any one loss
- Online legal document library
- Health & Safety and HR management system
To find out more about our Business Essentials package, please contact our experienced advisers on 01480 272727, or complete our enquiry form below.
Our passion for risk management advice helps to protect your business
In addition to insurance for care providing facilities, we can also assist with risk management advice to help protect your business. We can provide you with access to a host of free information and training courses for areas such as Fire Safety, H&S and Manual Handling and for more specific requirements our knowledgeable team is always on hand to offer complete guidance and support.
Why choose us?
- Expert advice – we understand the insurance needs of care providing facilities and can offer prudent advice
- Reassurance – as an independent broker we have access to market-leading products from A rated insurers
- Freedom from worry – we help you to manage your risk so you can focus on your business
- A personal approach – speak to a dedicated account executive when you need to
- Tailored solutions – you get the right cover for your exact needs
- More than just insurance – we offer additional guidance on business risk management solutions including H&S and HR
- We are proud to be an independent insurance broker – you receive impartial advice you can trust
- Here to help with claims support – on hand to answer your questions and offer guidance for a fast and fair outcome
- Flexibility – we may be able to arrange competitive finance to spread the cost on a monthly basis through our partnership with Close Brothers Premium Finance